A foundation was formed in 2017 from unclaimed capital credits and Operation Round Up funds from Graham County Electric Co-op (GCEC) and Graham County Utilities (GCU) members. The GCEC Foundation provides scholarships to each of the local high schools; Ft. Thomas, Mt. Graham, Pima, Safford, Thatcher, and Willcox. The following received scholarships from the GCEC Foundation to further their studies.
- McKia Preston from Ft. Thomas High School
- Matthew Mayer from Mt. Graham High School
- Brookie Bryce from Pima High School
- Hannah Smith from Safford High School
- Dallys Casillas from Thatcher High School
- Maci Lopeman from Thatcher High School
The following students were 2020 Washington Youth Tour winners. Unfortunately, the trip was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The GCEC Foundation Board awarded $1,500 to each of the WYT winners in the form of a scholarship to continue their college or university studies.
- Kendra Fuentes from Ft. Thomas High School
- Jacob Beals from Pima High School
- Kali Nelson from Pima High School
- Mazie Hunt from Thatcher High School
- Trett Wiltbank from Safford High School-transferred to Pima High School