In accordance with the Bylaws of Graham County Electric Cooperative, Inc. (GCEC), the undersigned hereby makes written application for membership, and by so doing agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Purchase electric, water and/or Pima sewer service and make payment for said within the time allowed by the Co-op. (Note: GCEC has an agreement with the Town of Pima for sewer billing services).
- A credit check may be required to determine the amount of deposits necessary. Deposit procedures are subject to Co-op policy and ACC rule R14-2-203.B, 303.B, 403.B. A collection agency may be used on accounts where the customer has failed to pay closing bills or invoices promptly.
- You agree, in order for us to service your account or to collect any amounts you may owe, we may contact you by telephone at any telephone number associated with your account, including wireless telephone numbers, which could result in charges to you. We may also contact you by sending text messages or emails, using any email address you provide us. Methods of contact may include using pre-recorded or artificial voice messages and/or the use of an automatic dialing device, as applicable. By signing the membership agreement, you certify that you have read this disclosure and agree that GCEC or an assigned collection agency may contact you as described above.
- GCEC reserve the right to share certain account information with third parties as permitted under ACC rules and regulations.
- Notify Co-op immediately of any mailing address changes. Failure to receive bills or notices which have been properly placed in the United States mail shall not prevent such bills from becoming delinquent nor relieve the customer of his obligations therein.
- Co-op agrees to mail statements monthly. Applicant is responsible to notify Co-op if statement is not received within a two-week period of normal delivery date. In the event that a statement is not received, applicant is still responsible for obtaining information for making payment for utilities consumed. Payment shall be submitted within 25 days of the normal billing date or the service(s) will be subject to late fees, additional deposits, and disconnection for nonpayment.
- Where service is requested by two or more individuals the Co-op shall have the right to collect the full amount owed from any one of the applicants.
- Comply with and be bound by the most recently adopted Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of the Coops, together with all appropriate rate schedules, utility tariffs, rules and regulations as adopted by the Board of Directors of the Co-ops and the Arizona Corporation Commission. Copies are available upon request.
- Pay a refundable $5 membership fee for GCEC, applicable service connection fees, and any required security deposits. No member may hold more than one membership in Co-op and no membership shall be transferable except as provided in the Bylaws.