If GCEC is going to be the wire provider and restore power during an outage then why can’t I contact GCEC directly if I’m a Thatcher resident?

  • GCEC and TOT have agreed that residents of TOT should call the Town for all questions related to their electric utility service. After the transfer, Thatcher residents will be customers of TOT and not GCEC for electric service. The Town will be able to determine if the outage is because of non-payment or some other issue.
  • If it’s determined that the outage is due to power or equipment failure then the Town will be responsible for contacting GCEC to have service repaired as soon as possible. Following this process will avoid unnecessary call outs for GCEC crews which will help decrease the amount of time it takes to restore power during an outage. The customer will also avoid additional charges or fees for unnecessary service calls.